Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sunburst blanket progress

Here's a peek at my granny blanket so far. I made so many squares, or so I thought, and once I joined them all together it really isn't all that big! I'd say it is about a third of the size I'd like it to be. This blanket is a real labour of love, soooo time consuming but very rewarding. Looking at all my favourite colours and how they pop out against the white makes me so happy. But I have taken a tiny break from this project just to do a few small things that can be completed quickly. I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of it very soon though as the weather is getting a little cooler and it would be a shame not to finish it for winter. Why does crocheting take so long!!



 I adore looking at granny blankets on Pinterest, especially seeing the different colour combinations. Practical and beautiful....and something to hand down.
xx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous I'm part way through one similar - cant wait to see it finished but still away to go. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous granny Larissa. I love the way you've used white instead of the black to edge your squares (nearly all of the grannies I find in oppies are edged in black - I have to rely on oppies for mine because I can't crochet!)
    Yours is going to be lovely and snuggly and a beautiful heirloom to pass on to future sugar plums too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!. The colours are so pretty and your crocheting is super neat. It also reminds me that I have not one, but two granny square blankets on the go!! Must get on! Thanks for the inspiration to finish them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty! I can never go past beautiful colours surrounded by a crisp white border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maravillosa!!hace poco hice una parecida para un bebé, son preciosos la combinacion de colores que has usado!
    Abrazos!

    ReplyDelete